Wednesday, 9 August 2017

At last! And more aching muscles...

After what seems like I've been waiting forever to get my utility room done, we have finally managed to pin down the plasterer, he's coming at 8.00 am on Saturday to do the ceiling, then will help OH re-cement the floor.  This Friday will be spent clearing everything out of the room in preparation, the appliances (spare fridge, chest freezer, washing machine and tumbler) will all have to go in the garage for the time being.  Actually, I've just realised, the freezer will have to go in the dining room as there's still food in it and no electrics in the garage.  Best make sure I'm up to date with the washing first, as it'll be a few days I expect before we can do the decorating and laying of the cushion flooring and get the appliances back in.  OH needs to refurbish the wall cupboards, putting on new hinges and handles and fixing the shelves inside as necessary, then I'm going to cover all the doors with sticky-back Fablon type stuff.  I'll also cover the worktop with the same stuff.  I can't wait for it all to be done, it's so exciting! (we lead such an interesting life lol).

Thank you for the comments about yoga, seems several of you have no classes nearby, which is a pity, cost is a factor too.  A friend asked me yesterday why I don't go back to the chiropractor, even if just for a couple of sessions, as I'm having so much back pain lately because of my sprained Achilles tendon.  Well, it's because for the cost of 2 sessions with the chiropractor, I can have 16 weeks of yoga - no contest!  The yoga classes have other benefits too - I enjoy them a lot, the teacher is lovely and it's a fun bunch of like-minded people in the class, we all giggle a lot.  I find it really relaxing and stress-relieving, and it's an hour of me time, something I do on my own that's just for me.  Much as I love having husband at home now he's retired, it is nice to have a bit of time to myself.

Had my 2nd class last night, we concentrated mostly on upper body/shoulder stuff last night, really stretching our shoulder muscles and opening up our chests (ooerr missus) - consequently, my shoulders today feel like I've been doing windmill actions with my arms for about 12 hours nonstop.  Although I do find it quite difficult to do some of the stretches at the moment, I know it will get easier as I practise more and get more supple.  I'm already starting to feel the benefits, I'm standing straighter, consciously keeping my shoulders down and am more aware of my posture and breathing.  Looking forward to next week!

1 comment:

  1. It is an exciting time - you have waited so long for this to happen. I hope it all goes well my lovely.

    Glad, too, that the yoga is helping; do you manage to have a surreptitious practise at home too? xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!