Thursday, 18 May 2017

Ouch!

Thanks for the comments, the time is fairly whipping along now, OH only has 9 working days left.  We're still deciding on things to do during our anniversary/retirement week - a visit to see my cousins, hopefully, being one of them.  We've booked for a workshop our dog trainer is holding, it's an afternoon of clicker training, should be fun!  Going to have a beach day in Dorset, afternoon tea in the lovely grounds of a manor house near Castle Cary, and possibly a couple of National Trust garden visits.  Some of those depend on the weather, though, of course.

At the beginning of the week, whilst taking Betty round one of the local fields, my foot slipped on a lump of earth and it's obviously damaged my Achilles tendon.  It hasn't been too bad, just a bit sore up until yesterday evening, when we took the dog for a long walk round the Marshes nature reserve.  By the time we got back to the car, it hurt like hell and I could hardly walk.  Taking anti-inflammatories today, OH will buy some ibuprofen gel for me when he goes to work later.  I've ordered a support strap online, it should be here tomorrow.  If it's no better next week then I'll go to the GP.  In the meantime, I'm just going to rest it up for a couple of days - I've been on my feet all week in the kitchen doing a lot of cooking and baking for the freezer, which I don't suppose has helped it much.  I'll do some gentle stretching exercises too over the next few days, hopefully it will get better without me having to go to the doc.

This week I've made 2 lots of dog food and dog biscuits.  A fruit cake for the freezer, a double choc chip cake and some muffins.  2 cottage pies, one frozen.  2 fish pies, one to freeze.  2 lots of Frugal Queen's frugal tartiflette.  Sorry there's no photos, I didn't think to take any.

2 comments:

  1. As you say......Ouch.
    All the cooking for the freezer will be handy when you rest that ankle and when you are enjoying your retirement celebrations - which sound pretty good

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is nothing worse than a sore foot, rest is the way to go keeping it elevated, I hope the strap helps.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!