Saturday, 27 May 2017

Anniversary

Thank you for the comments regarding Betty's first season - she definitely won't be having another!

It's mine and OH's wedding anniversary today - 34 years.  Where did all those years go?  Marriages seem to break up at the first sign of trouble nowadays, it's as if people just give up without a fight.  It takes work, compromise, cooperation and plenty of talking to make a good long marriage....that and lots of love, of course.  Although my parents' marriage didn't last, both my brother and sister have been married for almost as long as we have, partly due I think to us not wanting to make the same mistakes our parents did.

We don't give each other presents anymore, there comes a point (well, it came a few years back) where we have everything we need or want.  But when OH came home from work in the early hours of this morning, he brought me a bag of crisps, my favourite brand and flavour, a rare treat as I hardly ever eat crisps anymore due to being diabetic.  A tiny thing, but a lovely thought on his part.  We do still exchange cards, he has a knack for buying really nice cards.  And we generally have a meal out.  Not tonight though, he's working, but we will do something next week.....when he's RETIRED!! (did I mention he's retiring next Wednesday?!  teehee).

Had a spectacular thunderstorm last night, it woke me up about 03.30.  I came straight downstairs as I knew Betty would be fretting (she doesn't like the thunder).  The thunder lasted about 10 mins, the lightning a lot longer.  I cuddled Betty until she settled, then went back to bed, OH came in shortly after.

It will seem strange next week not having the bed to myself several nights a week!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary. You're so right, the time goes by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary, your a year ahead of us. The thunderstorm arrive here in Hampshire about an hour later, we sat up and watched, it was spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, we celebrated our 36th yesterday, a rather muted affair as are awaiting sad news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many congratulations of 34 years; our next one will be 53 years. How lovely that your husband brought you your favourite crisps - that's the kind of thoughtfulness that one appreciates, not the big gestures, but those small thoughtful ones. Enjoy retirement. I can recommend it!
    Margaret P
    www.margaretpowling.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will love being home together, we do and congrats on 34 years

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary Sooze and Hubby -x-

    ReplyDelete
  7. The worst thing you can do is cuddle a dog when thunder is about. You need to act matter of fact and lead by example that it does not worry you. I have never had a problem with any dogs I have owned (4 so far)as I don't react around any loud noises. Cuddling and fussing only exacerbates the anxiety as you are rewarding that behaviour. Hope that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoops forgot to say Happy Anniversary to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!