Sunday, 30 October 2016

It wasn't the cough that carried her off....

Firstly, thank you to everyone for your lovely comments, I think my blogging mojo is starting to come back. 

I haven't felt well since we came back from Scotland 3 weeks ago....it's nothing worth bothering the doc about, the cough is still dragging on...and on...and onnn! with no signs of letting up, although I am coughing a lot less frequently now, just still as violently.  My ribs feel permanently as if I'm being kicked by a footballer every day, from coughing so much I guess.  Other than that, I just feel exhausted and really run down.  I suppose these things take time to work through your system, I do seem to be susceptible to slow-clearing coughs since I had whooping cough a few years ago.

I'm starting to feel like cooking again.....proper cooking I mean, rather than just grabbing something out of the freezer and bunging it in the oven.  So I guess that's a good sign.  I don't like Winter, it's my least favourite season, but it does mean lots of stews and homemade thick hearty soups, the one good thing about it. 

Putting the clocks back an hour means we'll have nice light mornings again for a while - lovely, I'm definitely a morning person.  But we'll still be having a bit less daylight every day, boohoo.  At least the shortest day is in December, just before Christmas, so it's not really long to wait before things start picking up again, that's something to look forward to.

10 comments:

  1. Loath the clocks going back, ought to be used to it by now after 61 years but still long for springing forward again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clocks going back for me means an extra hour in bed - lovely, seeing as I seem to be permanently sleep deprived.

      Delete
  2. You really out to get checked out as 3 weeks is too long to still be coughing. You could have anything goinwg on in there and not all things produce phlegm. My niece broke some ribs with constant coughing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh broken ribs, she must really have been coughing violently! I'm seeing the nurse this afternoon for flu jab, I'll have a word with her.

      Delete
  3. I am glad that things seem to be picking up a little. You've clearly been through a hard patch. So glad to read your home is secure x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to be a nag n say like DC have you been and had that cough checked out?!
    It's just turned 7am and it's a gloriously pink light sky. But I too long for Spring light! Waking up at 5/6 makes no difference to me and the light - it's still chuffing dark! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Mum, will do it this afternoon! lol

      Delete
  5. That's about the only thing I like about winter, good hearty hot food. That and yule

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes winter food is good....I'm not much of a salad lover! But perhaps salads would be more appropriate in Spain...?!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!