Monday, 16 May 2016

Techno break

Firstly, welcome to my new follower, Tricky Wolf....and apologies for the fact that I'm going off for a while just as you've arrived, it's nothing personal, honest!

I went to bed early as I was shattered following a number of sleepless nights...guess what, 2 hours sleep and then I'm wide awake again, albeit knackered beyond belief.  Why is it that you can be SO tired, yet unable to sleep?

Anyway, whilst sitting down here in my newly decorated lounge, flicking through t'internet and thinking about stuff that's been happening recently, I've come to the conclusion that I spend too much time doing just that - internet browsing and thinking - and not enough doing.  My laptop is always on, my phone is always with me, I'm constantly checking one or the other in between jobs.  I'm clearly addicted to technology. 

So I'm going to do something radical and try going without for a while.....let's say a week.  I'm going to switch my laptop off after I've finished this post, put it away out of sight and just not get it out again until next weekend.  My phone I'm going to put in my handbag and leave it there, rather than having it at my side (or tucked in my bra!) all the time.  I did briefly consider actually switching it off, but do need to be contactable for various reasons so that's not really an option.  But again if it's out of sight in my handbag (which I keep tucked away when indoors), then I won't be tempted to check it every 10 minutes or so.

I hope I can keep it up for at least a week, it will be interesting to see how I cope and what I get done without being tied to technology.  After all, 10 or 15 years or so ago, I managed perfectly well without a computer and mobile phone!

See you in a week or so!

4 comments:

  1. I never know if my phone is charged nine times out of ten I go and get it and its flat, I mainly use the timer on it, my laptop is on all day and tend to check e-mails and such when I sit down for a cuppa , enjoy your techno free week see you soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I limit my time now to pre breakfast and a little look see at lunch! Time just disappears so quickly!! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, I won't take it personally! enjoy your break, I just got back from a weekend on the farm without Internet, always refreshing to have a bit of peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, I'm on here every evening after I finish work. Our one golden rule is no computers, iPads or phones in our bed room, we don't even have a TV, just an alarm clock radio. It works for us. I have read that the blue light which comes from our devices keep our brains alert.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!