Wednesday, 27 April 2016

A plan

Thank you again for the lovely supportive and kind comments, they help a lot, there are some really nice people in this world (and not just arseholes!). 

I'm having a real problem at the mo with motivation....or rather, total lack of.  I have no interest in anything, the housework is going to pot, jobs are piling up and the place is looking untidy.  Meal planning has gone out the window, lately it's been a case of grabbing the first thing that comes to hand out of the freezer mid morning and just cooking it simply with whatever veggies we happen to have.  OH hasn't complained, bless him, he'll eat anything, but I know it's boring and it's got to stop, he deserves better.  I haven't even done any crocheting lately.

I know this apathy is the aftermath of the upset and it would be too easy to just let it carry on, and then it will just get harder and harder to get out of it without resorting to drugs (antidepressants I mean....I'm not planning on becoming a junkie!).  Well, I don't want to go down that route again - whilst antidepressants have helped me in the past, you have to be on them for so long, it's not a quick fix, and it takes months to come off them when you're better. 

So I've decided the best thing to do is to plan on doing just 2 jobs a day, and to make something interesting for our main meal.  I've had a couple of craft projects in mind for a while, they kept getting pushed back whilst the crocheted baby blankets took precedence.  Well, now I think it's time to put the baby blankets on the back burner and start on the crafty things.  One is quite small and shouldn't take long, the other will be more time consuming and fiddly.  So once I've done my 2 jobs for the day, I will reward myself by doing a bit of crafty stuff.

So today I'm going to sort out the toiletries storage (we have a set of drawers upstairs where we keep them, and it's all messy to the point where I don't even know what we've got), and vacuum downstairs.  Then I'll make smoked cod chowder for dinner this evening. 

I feel better just for deciding that.

11 comments:

  1. I think it's wonderful that you have come up with that decision to do two jobs a day and then reward yourself with some craft work. The chores will (as well as clearing up your home) be good exercise and that is good for the body and therefore good for the brain and the mood. And eating well is essential - can I come and share that chowder with you?
    It might take time, and we all expect quick fixes these days, but if you can manage two jobs a day, a good healthy meal and a 'treat' it will demonstrate you are on the road to recovery. I wish you all the very best.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  2. and now it's on the blog several dozen people are willing you on to do them!
    Keep going

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to hearing about your crafty project, I love Chowder I have one planned for the week end mixed seafood :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A different solution to antidepressants is to try Kalms, they are natural calming pills, main ingredients are hops, valerian and gentian. They work for me. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, I would add that when I was very distressed when I learned I had breast cancer (it was the shock of it, and once treatment started I began to look forward - that was elven years ago!) I also found Rescue Remedy helped.
      Margaret P

      Delete
  5. I think you are wise to take things gently. Two jobs and then a bit of crafting sounds like a good way to start.
    Looking forward to seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is an idea, 2 jobs and then crafting. I may just have to borrow this for a while, my sewing machine has been idle for too long. My knitting pins are clicking away in the evening and the crochet hooks are jiggling around urging me to start another blanket. I still need to get some other crafting on the go and your plan sounds an ideal way to kick start this. Glad to see that you are feeling more positive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are being positive and look forward to hearing about your craft project.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perhaps some light yoga, or even just deep yoga breathing would help. And a little walk each day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great plan, small steps and a reward afterwards. I'm in my can't do housework mind set. It happens most years at this time, I'm itching to be in our garden, if only the weather would get better, we had snow in a thunder storm this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!