Saturday, 2 April 2016

60 a day!

Well, that was the worst cold I've ever had in my whole life.  It was definitely a cold virus, not flu (I did have my flu shot back in October, as I do every year), but much more nasty than any normal cold.  I'm feeling much better, except for my chest....it's very tight, I'm quite breathless (the slightest exertion, even loading the washing machine, wears me out) and I'm wheezing like an old man on 60 fags a day.  (For the record, I gave up smoking 20 or more years ago).  My chest doesn't hurt at all - well, except if I have a huge coughing fit, which thankfully isn't often - it's just tight and wheezy.  Husband was the same, his has all worn off now and he feels fine so I'm hoping mine will too in a few more days.  Thank you all for your good wishes, they cheered me up.

My diet has gone out the window the past week or so, my appetite didn't disappear completely (as it would have done had it been flu), although I certainly didn't feel like eating much.  However, I just didn't fancy the meat and lots of veggies we've been used to eating on the Blood Sugar Diet....I just wanted old fashioned nursery comfort food, like cheesy pasta, shepherds pie, cheese sandwiches and tinned soup.  That's what Mum used to give us when we were poorly as children - Heinz tomato or cream of chicken soup and half a cheese sandwich cut in triangles, it was lovely.  Husband has done most of the cooking this week, bless him, as I didn't feel like it, he is a treasure.  Need to get back to eating lots of veggies though....my bowels have gone into hibernation with the bland stodgy diet (you really wanted to know that, didn't you?!).

Going to try and catch up with some housework today....very slowly and with frequent breaks (and very little enthusiasm, haha).  I won't be too bothered though if it doesn't all get done.....I'm not exactly a shining example of a housewife anyway!


4 comments:

  1. Glad you are getting better, just don't rush at doing everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theres nothing like a bit of comfort food, feed a cold starve a fever I am sure you will get back on track soon, just dont push it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder, is it because we're, shall we say, a bit older that colds make us more ill than they used to, or is the cold virus more virulent than once it was? I similarly had a very bad cough at Christmas and another just a few weeks later, and the cough was the worst I've ever had. I never remember having such bad coughs when I was young! But hope you are really over it now, but don't try and do too much, too soon, you need to regain your strength again.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pleased to hear that you are feeling better but hope you rebuild your strength very soon, these bugs really do take some shaking off don't they, xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!