Monday, 28 March 2016

Bleurgh

I've got the worst cold known to man, caught it off Husband - he had it for more than a week, was just getting over it when he got another, equally as bad.  How he managed to go to work, having just 1 day off sick when it was particularly bad, I really don't know, he's a star.  He says everyone at his work has got it, so they couldn't all be off sick!

Normally a cold doesn't affect me too much, but I feel absolutely bloody awful with this one, seems more flu-like with limbs made of lead, zero energy, pounding headache that just never goes, raging sore throat, neck glands so sore I feel like I've been strangled, eyes and nose continually streaming.  And I ache from head to foot, every bit of me hurts like I've had a good kicking.  Feverish too, just dragged myself out of bed because I was boiling hot, now sitting in the recliner chair with a blanket over me with my teeth chattering.

I'll never make jokes about him having man flu again!

10 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may well be flu but certainly the current 'cold' virus seems pretty nasty. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your feeling better soon, there are nasty bugs going around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear - poor you. Fingers crossed for a rapid recovery! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you both feel better very soon, there seems to be so many bugs doing the rounds at the moment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, sounds like what I had but it only lasted 48 hours then I was fine again, hope you bounce back soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you get your 'flu shot this winter?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mine developed into a chest infection so keep an eye on that. These viruses just seem to get worse! Keep warm, lots of fluid and paracetamol to keep your temperature down. Hope you are up and running again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!