Tuesday, 2 February 2016

Yes and Yes

Well, we got both a new set of bathroom scales and a lovely new recliner armchair yesterday.

The scales measure not only weight, but also body fat, BMI and how hydrated you are....although all the readings go off a bit too quickly before I've actually absorbed which is which, and by the time I've got off the scales I've forgotten what they all were anyhow!  Think I'll just stick to the weight bit - which you can do, you don't have to bother with the other readings.  The important thing is that the new scale does seem to be accurate....got on and off it several times in a row and it gave the same weight reading every time, unlike our old scale.

As for the recliner chair.....we'd decided that the very cheap prices in the furthest away of the two furniture warehouses were just TOO cheap, they must be poor quality at those prices (or else they'd fallen off the back of a lorry!), so didn't even bother going to look.

Luckily, the one we went to, which is a reputable local family firm who have been in business there for 15 years, had a chair which was just perfect.  They'd had a sale on last week which had finished on Saturday, however, after a bit of haggling they agreed to let us have the chair at last week's sale price, which pleased me no end.  It's being delivered today  :-)

16 comments:

  1. Pleased to hear that you managed to buy some accurate scales and also await a comfortable recliner. Good luck to you and your husband for a successful weight loss journey. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, I'm sure we'll get there in the end.

      Delete
  2. I have a set of those tell you everything scales. They are scary for me esp with body fat ! And bmi. I'm TOO short for my weight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here....I'd be fine if I was 6" taller!

      Delete
  3. You did well with your buys
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on getting what you needed at a good price. My scales are definitely in need of replacing, I checked them yesterday and I have a 9 lb differential over 5 minutes. Even the lowest one was too high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our new ones show us as weighing more than the old ones generally did, sadly :'( But at least they give the same reading if you step on them 2 or 3 times, unlike the old ones, so presumably are accurate.

      Delete
  5. Yea you can't beat a good recliner. I adore our's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new one is very comfortable!

      Delete
  6. Glad you got both things you shopped for. Enjoy your recliner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still use my old weight watchers ones that read differently depending on where I put them on the bathroom floor! Maybe I should look at updating mine too. Not sure how it measures body fat? I am envious of the recliner too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how the body fat/BMI/body hydration thing works either....it stresses you have to use them with bare feet, so guess it's something to do with measuring moisture levels? Wonder if sweaty feet make a difference!!

      Delete
  8. Enjoy your new chair you wont want to leave it my dad loves his in the evening :-) dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, evening/night time is when it will be most useful for me especially.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!