Thursday, 18 February 2016

Four things....

Saw this on Facebook and thought that'll be alright for a blog post (sorry but too much life stuff going on and so nothing else to blog about at the mo).  I've adapted it slightly, leaving out some things I didn't want to publish, and adding a couple more.

4 THINGS I LOVE

1.  Spring bulbs
2.  Crocheting
3.  Sitting on a rocky beach watching waves crash onto the shore
4.  Cheese & onion crisps (haven't had any for months due to the diet!)

4 THINGS I HATE

1.  8-legged things (can't even say the word)
2.  Celery
3.  Not getting a reply to a text or email
4.  Getting passed from pillar to post and having to repeat myself over and over when ringing a customer helpline

4 PLACES I HAVE WORKED

1.  The local council Social Services department (absolutely loved this)
2.  NatWest bank
3.  A firm of Chartered Building Surveyors (loved that too)
4.  Cancer Research charity shop

4 PLACES I HAVE BEEN ON HOLS

1.  Gibraltar (we lived there actually, but as a child it seemed like a permanent holiday)
2.  Paris
3.  Edinburgh
4.  Guernsey

4 THINGS I LOVE WATCHING ON TV

1.  Rick Stein foreign cookery/travel programmes
2.  The X-files
3.  Tattoo fixers
4.  The Inbetweeners (makes me laugh like a drain, appeals to my schoolboy sense of humour)

4 THINGS I LOVE TO EAT

1.  Cheese - virtually any kind
2.  ....preferably with the aforementioned cheese & onion crisps (McCoys ridged by choice)
3.  Good butchers sausages
4.  Tiger prawns in a sweet chilli sauce with egg fried rice

4 FAVOURITE THINGS TO DO

1.  Watch a really good film with a strong storyline and strong characters
2.  Have a few drinks and laugh at silly jokes with good friends
3.  Go out for a lovely meal with husband and family or friends
4.  Watch a concert, carnival or group performing outside and have a dance

4 DRINKS I LIKE

1.  Frothy coffee (latte or cappuccino but not with chocolate sprinkles)
2.  Warm milk with a tot of whisky and honey when I'm not feeling well
3.  Gin & tonic
4.  My homemade lemon vodka (and I don't even like vodka normally!)

4 THINGS I WISH I COULD WAVE A MAGIC WAND AND CHANGE

1.  My double chin and wobbly stomach....the other bits I'm fine with
2.  My sister's health problems
3.  My fear of learning to drive
4.  Not being able to see family and friends nearly as often as I'd like




7 comments:

  1. Lots of things I learned about you there. I'm with you for the cheese n onion, however, it's got to be Golden Wonder if I can get my mitts on them, if not, Walkers gets my vote. Alas, like you, I've not partaken for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheese and onion crips, oooh. I used to be a "Walkers" girl but the own brand from Lidl are even better. Nooooo to frothy coffee and warm milk with anything in it. Went to Sark and it was fantastic, love Rick Stein , with you on the food but noodles not rice. As for wobbly bits, the less said the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can't have any wobbly bits, with all the walking you do with Ben!

      Delete
  3. Cheese - Yes please
    Frothy coffee - with chocolate
    Crashing waves - Oh Yes
    And don't get me started on customer phone lines!

    Might copy this idea for the future if that's OK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in total agreement with the things you love, the things you hate and the things you like to eat - being on a diet though does mean that I cannot eat enough cheese to satisfy my cheesy cravings. Cannot agree with the drinks though as I hate milk! A great post. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!