Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Run over by a steam roller....

....that's how I feel right now.  I have zero energy, my neck glands hurt, a crushing headache keeps coming and going, and I keep suddenly feeling so tired that I can barely keep my eyes open - literally.  OH asked if I thought it was to do with the diet....no, I don't think so at all, I reckon it's some sort of virus.

Spent the afternoon in bed yesterday and actually asleep for a couple of hours.  Got up at teatime, but fell asleep again in the armchair in the evening, waking up to go to bed about 10 pm.  Slept most of the night, got up around 6 am and came downstairs to get a coffee and put the washing machine on (husband had brought the washing down for me last night).  Sat in the armchair and promptly went to sleep again for another couple of hours.  See what I mean?  I just seem to want to sleep and sleep, I still feel tired now.

This is highly unusual for me, unheard of almost, as I have had insomnia practically all my life.  Perhaps it's 50-odd years of sleeplessness catching up with me!

9 comments:

  1. Could be your body just saying it needs rest for some reason
    Julie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds just like a virus, when you are sleeping your immune system is working hard to wipe the intruder out. Do not try to fight it, just lap it up and make the most of it. Insomnia is a pig to cope with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that you're feeling so ill, your body is telling you to rest so make sure you listen to it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These viruses can really take it out of you. Make sure you rest up and keep hydrated. Fingers crossed it doesn't last too long :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend of mine also has the same virus and feels rotten as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you soon feel better Sooze. Make sure you do what your body is telling you though and if things don't improve very soon make an appointment to see your doctor, xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Join the club, I feel as if I should be carrying a bell and shouting unclean so far this year, just one annoying lurgy after another

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't fight it, Sooze...sleep...your body is telling you to do so...take heed...take care. I hope you're feeling better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mum always said sleep was a great healer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!