Friday, 8 January 2016

Happy birthday....

....to my officially 'old' man!  He's become a pensioner today, bless him....he keeps saying I'm now his official carer (I'm 10 years younger than him)....I say I've always been his carer ;-)

He's actually been a bit down in the dumps about it all recently, says he feels like he's suddenly become an old man.  I told him all it means is that he's one day older than he was yesterday, and everyone we know says he doesn't look or act like a 65 year old. 

Today's just a normal day really.....birthday celebrations start on Sunday when we go away.  OH is off to work this afternoon, I'm doing housework and packing.  One lot of washing already done, another load about to go in the machine....I like to make sure the washing basket is clear before we go away, seeing as we always bring mountains of washing back with us (I'm sure we must change our clothes 2 or 3 times a day, without us even noticing, whilst we're away!).

A loaf of bread to bake this morning, clean the kitchen, put all the dry washing away, finish the packing, then that's me done.

And it's a lovely sunny day!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your OH. Tell him that age is just a number! Have a wonderful holiday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Age is a state of mind, whilst you still have it, enjoy it. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, I hope you have a lovely trip away and the change in weather dosent effect you,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to Mr Sooze! My OH is just a year older at 66 tomorrow and we are away for a few days in celebration too. Age is just a number...have a lovely holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did 60 in November and feel great, age is nothing these days, wish him happy Norte xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell him 65 is the new 45!
    and hope you have a good break

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your husband. Age is just a number, don't worry about it just carry on what you were doing nothing will change
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell him he's just a spring chicken. He's not an old rooster yet! :)

    And wish him a happy birthday for me...from one who knows! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can tell him from me that 65 is an artificial hump in the road means nothing, life goes on and on And oh wish him a belated Happy Birthday from this 73 yr young un !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!