Sunday, 3 January 2016

Finishing and prepping

I've finished crocheting the throw that is to be a gift, have been sewing in the myriad ends, a job I loathe doing.....still got a few more to go but have stopped for a break.  Must finish today though, as it's got to be posted off tomorrow.

This week is all about finishing up a few jobs and preparations for other things in the pipeline.  I've got 2 black bags full of clothes for the charity shop, just need to sort out some shoes, books and a few unwanted kitchen things to go too. 

We're off on holiday next week, it's OH's 65th birthday holiday, so there's packing to do for that.  We will be using some of the time away to make our plans for this year, so I'm packing a few notebooks to write lists and plans in.

I want to spend a couple of hours starting on a new craft project I have in mind - it's just a trial at the moment, to see if I can do it easy enough.  If it works out ok, then it's something I will hopefully be doing a lot of.  More to come on that another time. 

I also want to crochet a test swatch for the next throw I plan to make with the lovely flecky wool I bought in Hobbycraft last week, I'm taking the wool away with me to do next week on hols. 

Thanks for all the lovely comments on my end of year post, you are kind. 

Welcome to my new followers Ariel El vikingo dark, mchild, Jan Doling and KC'sCourt, happy to have you and I hope I don't bore you to death!

10 comments:

  1. Enjoy the time out Sooze, don't anxt over the lists, just have a good rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we will enjoy it, thank you Pam.

      Delete
  2. I had to laugh when I red your post as I have just finished crocheting a throw today as well. Still have those pesky ends to deal with (why don't I do it as I go along) plus an edging but hopefully it won't take me too long to finish completely and display it on my sofa. Enjoy your time away and enjoy your next crochet project. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, doing it as we go along would be the best idea! Sadly, I never do it either!

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to a few holiday pics! Enjoy the break X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, I will try to remember to take my usual rubbish photos!

      Delete
  4. Great feeling finishing a project, I hate sewing in ends, my new craft challenge this year is to have a go at Bavarian Crochet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never heard of Bavarian crochet, will have to look that up.

      Delete
  5. I was never any good at crocheting...never got past doing the chain...and I wasn't very good at that, either! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny Lee....I can't knit, could never manage more than a row or 2 without getting it all tangled and messed up!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!