Tuesday, 5 January 2016

Crochet and daffs

Thanks for the comments about my supermarket bargains.  Kate Steeper mentioned whole bries at 25p in Tescos.....unfortunately, we don't have a Mr T nearby (amazingly!).  We had to go into town again today so popped back into Sainsbugs to see whether they had any more hams.....nope, not at 70p anyway, hardly surprising.  OH decided he'd have a load more of the 10p mince pies to take into work on Friday - it's his 65th birthday then, they don't normally do a cake thing on birthdays at his work, unlike most of the places I've worked at, but for 10p a box he thought it was worth it!

The recipient of the gifted throw I crocheted (my sister) has now received it and is delighted with it, I'm happy to say, so I can now put on a picture of it:-


It only took me just over 3 weeks to do this one, I'm getting quicker!

When we were out last week, we saw these:-



Loads of daffodils alongside the road.  They're so early aren't they?  I know others have mentioned seeing daffs flowering too.....does that mean when Spring comes there'll be no bulbs in bloom?  :-(






12 comments:

  1. Sooze, I love your throw, super colours. We have daffodils out on our local recreation ground - what a crazy season this is. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing so many daffs out in January is just weird........and worrying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I do worry about Spring, the Spring bulbs will all be dead by then!

      Delete
  3. Good idea to take some of those reduced mince pies in to work. Bet they will go down a treat.

    I like your throw and can hardly believe you have daffodils this early. Quite amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and some of the plants in the garden are budding already, even more worrying especially since much colder weather is forecast next week.

      Delete
  4. Love the crocheted blanket. I too live in Somerset and we have daffodils out on our roadside too
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen daffodils in flower too. I also have Muscari in bloom right now, it is rater worrying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't got any muscari, I must get some later this year.

      Delete
  6. Love the blanket gorgeous colours I am not surprised she liked it :-) We have bulbs coming up to I did see some snow drops the other day but I haven't seen the daffodils yet lets hope it doesn't stop them coming in spring that will be very sad. dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dee, the colours didn't show up very well in the photo, they're much brighter in real life.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!