Sunday, 20 December 2015

The dreaded shopping trip, and a couple of photos

Firstly, thank you all for the lovely comments on my previous post, I do appreciate them and your kind thoughts.  I was over the moon with the gifts from the talented Angie and Pam.

We went supermarket shopping this morning, it wasn't very nice at all (as if food shopping ever is!).  The shop was absolutely heaving, loads of kids there as well - to be expected of course.  I should have got myself organised to do it online, but didn't....I will make sure I do next year though.  OH's shifts are all over the place for the next 3 weeks, his firm change them all around at this time of year for 'operational reasons'.....sigh.  It just means basically that I don't know whether I'm coming or going, and have to keep consulting the calendar where I've written all his shifts down, before I can make any decisions about when we can go shopping or to town or doctor etc - or even when I have to shift myself to cook him a lunch before he goes to work (when he's working we have a cooked meal at lunchtime, when he's off we have it in the evening).  It's all a great big pain in the bum at the mo....thank goodness it's only for 3 weeks.  Although, having said that, management are having a shift reorganisation sometime in the new year, apparently.  Grrr.

Here's a pic of the gorgeous sunrise we had a couple of mornings ago:-


Beautiful isn't it?

And this was this morning:-


A huge great full rainbow (we often get partial ones) in dazzling sunshine, followed by a downpour - still in dazzling sunshine!  It did turn cloudy quite quickly, though, and then it was a mixture of sunshine and showers all day.

And finally (didn't they used to say that on the news?!), here's my version of a Christmas jumper:-


Tee hee  ;-)





6 comments:

  1. The sunrises are beautiful this year, I see so many on my drive to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they've been really lovely just lately

      Delete
  2. Oh you are brave heading to the shops, I couldnt do wit external forces changing things around and disrupting my routine I hope future changes are to your benefit :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, but am not holding my breath!

      Delete
  3. Does your jumper have words where the teeth might be or is that just my over-active imagination?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no words TA, just teeth.....trying to think what words might have been interesting!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!