Thursday, 24 December 2015

The calm after the storm!

The past few weeks haven't been the best for us, and to cap it all I lost my temper and had 'words' with our landlord yesterday, over a problem that's been ongoing, without any resolution whatsoever, for the past 3 months and which finally pushed me over the limit.  And I did it in front of witnesses - 2 clerks in his office, bet that went down a storm after we'd left.  Funnily enough, 30 mins after we returned home he rang to say he'd (finally) set the ball rolling to get the problem resolved.  Why do I have to get to the point of boiling up and exploding just to get someone to do what I've asked, repeatedly and politely, for weeks and weeks?  I am so fed up with being walked over and ignored, and not only by him.  Seems it doesn't pay to be nice anymore, you only get results if you're a bitch.

Anyway, we are determined to put everything behind us for the 2 days that OH is off work, and just relax, listen to cheesy Christmas songs, watch feel good rubbish on the TV, and eat and drink the yummy things I've made (and no turkey!!!  don't like it so not having it).

I wish everyone what I (very selfishly, which is how I think i'm going to be from now on) wish for myself and OH - a peaceful, calm, contented and healthy time for you and yours.  Happy Christmas to you all.

4 comments:

  1. It can be so frustrating doing it 'the right way' and getting nowhere! Here's hoping you enjoy your few days of rest and relaxation. All the best :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. DS and DDiL also had problems with landlords to begain with, in their temporary accommodation, all sorted now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy and relax wishing you both a Merry Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, and here's hoping the same for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!