Tuesday, 15 December 2015

Taking a break

Everything seems to be one difficulty or upset after another at the moment - a family member is unwell and facing the likelihood of cancer, my first acupuncture session for today has been cancelled as the therapist is ill (she didn't let me know until gone 6 pm last night, and says she can't reschedule until 5 January).  I am averaging about 3 or 4 hours sleep a night and am so tired I can barely function.  Our broadband signal is playing up and I just haven't got the energy or will to ring up and have a frustrating battle with someone from India who is working from a script.  I woke up with such bloody painfully strong pins & needles in my hand in the early hours of this morning that I could have cried.  My laptop is playing silly buggers, I don't know what's wrong with it and can't be arsed to find out (I suspect its something to do with Windows 10 and the latest update).

So i'm just bowing out for a while.  Sorry about that.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

9 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you are having such a bad time. I hope that things will start to get better for you very soon.
    I wish you a peaceful Christmas and health and happiness for 2016. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try Nytol in the blue box rather than the green. Although my pins and needles were not as bad as yours, taking this around 9pm, as well as your chosen painkillers, really helped me. It does give you a dry mouth but that is the sign it is working. Helped me to get some good quality sleep. Might still only get a few hours but it should be good quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better soon, and things look more rosy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you're having such a good time. I have tried any too previously and found it helped short term at least. Everything seems so much worse when you're tired. Wishing you a good christmas and a happier, healthier 2016. Don't stay away too long :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that your troubles ease soon, there is a little something on its way to you that may help. I am going to try the blue box Nytol myself as I too get very little sleep most of the time. There are times when I could happily jump on my laptop, when it dies I may well go back to a desk top 'puter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take an antihistamine to help me get drowsy X

      Delete
    2. The ingredient in Nytol is the sedative part of an antihistamine, the kind that make you drowsy.

      Delete
  6. So sorry to hear about all the horrible things happening. I'm sending positive vibes from Suffolk for you for a lovely Christmas.
    Come back soon as you can.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!