Tuesday, 8 December 2015

Not a lot....

Sorry, not much to write about at the moment.  Having trouble sleeping lately, hence why I'm writing this at some unearthly hour.  Been doing a lot of crochet, made a few bits for my sister to let her know I'm thinking of her and posted them off yesterday, have now started on another throw.

Had to go to town yesterday for a few things....it was crazily busy, shan't be going again until all the madness is over.  Supermarket shopping afterwards, which was strangely quiet (clearly everyone was in town buying all the Christmas stuff).  We've managed to reduce our shopping bill by £10 or £15 a week for the last few weeks, simply by menu planning using what we already have and then buying only what's necessary.  If only I'd done that years ago, we could be millionaires by now.....hahaha.  Ok, so not millionaires, but you get the idea.

OH has been moaning about the lack of cake....I haven't made any cake or bread for weeks since we've been eating low carb/gluten free.  So, since there were a couple of manky bananas, I made him a banana, walnut and choc chip cake, at his request. 

6 comments:

  1. Well done on cutting down on your shopping bill, not too hard really, once you get into it. I enjoy the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was surprisingly easy. Just common sense, of course.

      Delete
  2. It really does start to get manic out in the real world doesn't it? I'm trying to avoid as much of it as possible, using my little set of local shops wherever possible, which I can walk to. I ought to be making some cakes or some such too, but can't seem to find the enthusiasm at the moment :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear....well think of all those calories you're saving by not making/eating cake! Hope your enthusiasm comes back soon.

      Delete
  3. Try using organic only flour for all your baking, especially spelt for your bread. It has made a vast difference to me. Most people are intolerant (by degree) of all the chemicals sprayed onto our wheat and other food. Do try, eating naturally, not eating chemicals could change your life.
    Don't worry too much about carbs, its a myth that they are all bad. They are not! Balance and moderation, and eating natural uncontaminated food is the key.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene, I'll reply in my next post.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!