Wednesday, 2 December 2015

Lovely weather!

2 December.....it's a gloriously bright sunny morning and no need for the heating to go on - how great is that?!  We certainly can't complain about our weather, we've had a few days recently of strong winds and a bit of rain, but nothing drastic.  And days like this (in December!!!) make up for the off days anyhow.  And it's only 19 days until the shortest day....and then I know that Spring will soon be here (once the madness of December is over).

I'm cracking on with my sofa throw, it's looking lovely and I can't wait to finish it.  It does make my hand and fingers a lot worse, but I find that if I just stop for a couple of minutes every so often, shake my arm to get some feeling back into the hand and hang my arm down straight over the side of the armchair, it enables me to carry on crocheting for a while.

I've got ideas for another 2 throws.....a ripple one also for the sofa (haven't done ripple for years) with a couple of contrasting colours as well as the matching red, navy and cream of the current one, followed by a throw made up of random stripes of the oddments I have left from previous projects....a stashbuster.  It will be taken with us on holidays, or used as a picnic blanket on days out.

Have decided I must must must make sure I go on my exercise bike every day, it's so easy to put weight on over winter without even noticing it.  The bike is on the landing and I just walk past it several times a day, I don't even see it!  Perhaps I ought to hang a big sign saying RIDE ME!!! on it, with some battery operated flashing Christmas lights attached.



7 comments:

  1. We have an exercise bike in the corner that Mr D nought when he couldn't run due to an injury. It's not the most decorative item and will be banished to the shed over Christmas to make way for the Christmas tree! I knew when he bought it, it would soon become an unused item!! Looking forward to seeing your throw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother also has an exercise bike.....she uses it to hang clothes on. To be fair, she's so crippled with arthritis now she could never actually ride it again, bless her. I'll put on a pic of the throw when it's finished.

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of flashing lights on an exercise bike. Will you be knitting or crocheting your intended ripple blanket? I have a pattern for both but already have two crochet blankets on the go. The weather you describe was by me less than half an hour ago, it's now very grey & windy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crocheting, Jo - I couldn't knit to save my life!! Still lovely and sunny here.

      Delete
  3. Blanket sounds great, snuggly whilst making it, looking good once finished, make a seat cover for the bike, so it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally, here, the hot, humid temps have dropped and a cooler change has come through. It'll only last a few days before the heat descends again, but I'm loving the cooler weather while it sticks around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't see my rowing machine at the minute for all the laundry draped on it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!