Monday, 28 December 2015

Hurry up!

28th.....my word, seems like we're absolutely crawling on hands and knees towards the end of December, will it never end?!  I'm SO eager for the new year to start - yes I know it seems like I'm wishing my life away, but I just want to get this year over and done with and the new one started.

I've got so many ideas buzzing round my head, plans for next year, the remaining things we want to buy for the house, things we want to get done, places we want to go, different things I want to do.  I must start writing them down or I'll just forget!  We're going away in a couple of weeks (OH's 65th birthday treat), the idea was that we'd sit whilst we're away with a couple of notebooks and formulate our plans for the year, but I think I'll have to make a rough draft before then, just to keep the ideas fresh in my mind and start the ball rolling.

We're off out in a bit, I'm being taken to Hobbycraft (it's a trip out, as the nearest one is about 25 miles away from us).  I've got an idea about starting a different craft, it's about time I did something other than crochet, so want to look in there for ideas and possible supplies.  Also, there's a big charity shop nearby which sells furniture as well as bric a brac, which we've just been told about, so may have a look in there too.....if it's open today.  I may have a look at a couple of sales, but not intending to actually buy anything.....unless it's something we use and is an amazing bargain!

5 comments:

  1. I am with you on wanting to get 2016 going, just wanting everything to get back to normal, next week I am starting my planting and growing plans for the coming season also we will be making lists of plans for the coming year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your trip to Hobby craft, we have just returned from our local store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I hate January. It's the longest draggiest month ever! I think we've all been to Hobbycraft! We should get staff discount!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm ready for January, I like it but that's probably because it's my birthday at the start of the month. I'm glad to have a bit of normality today as I'm back at the charity shop, its always interesting to see what unwanted presents come through the door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, we're only a couple of hours away from the 30th January here...so we're racing ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!