Friday, 6 November 2015

Reflective

Thanks for all your comments on my menu and eating plan, I am still doing it and feel happy to continue with it indefinitely, as I feel so much better on it.

It's my birthday today, I'm getting ever nearer the dreaded *whispers it* 60 and wish I could turn back time.....or at least make it stand still.  I can't quite believe I've reached the age of 56, it just doesn't seem possible, I feel perpetually 39 (if only!).

A very dear school friend died of leukemia when we were 17, my cousin died at age 19, my beloved Nan who I adored died aged 62 and OH's dad, who was more of a father to me than mine ever was, was 61 when he died.  Over the past year or two we've had several other deaths amongst our family and friends, it's been a bad and sad time.

All this reminds me of my own mortality, particularly since I have a disease/illness that could shorten my life anyway.  Birthdays are not something that I really look forward to nowadays....other than being grateful that I've had another year on this planet, something that many don't.

Sorry to be so morbid, it won't last!

6 comments:

  1. We loose so many wonderful people as we go along, but we also remember tham with love. My mum was old when she was in her 50's, we age so much better, plus our outlook is much younger. Have a happy birthday xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Hey! Shake it off! Enjoy your birthday! Scorpios are the greatest! I should know I am one! :) My birthday is on the 11th...a very memorable day...I was born in the 11th hour of the 11th month....and I'm a few years older than you are...so don't despair. There's life in this old girl yet...so there's lot more in you, too!!! Happy Birthday for the 6th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Birthday. It is your day after all.
    Let there be cake !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! What angry parsnip said, but let the cake be gluten free! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!