Wednesday, 25 November 2015

Anybody know?

We've been to Taunton today, it's our nearest large town/shopping centre, there were a few things we were after.  OH had given me some birthday money and I knew exactly what I wanted.....a new stick blender for soups (I've had my present one for several years, at least 5 or 6, which isn't bad considering it was a supermarket value one, but is now giving up the ghost), and a bag to keep my current crochet project in.  I got the blender, no luck on the bag though.

Now, I know exactly what I want.....a pretty fabric patchwork tote bag, quite wide (i.e. with a gusset), with short fabric handles.  Couldn't find one anywhere....I did see a couple with wooden handles, and some in PVC instead of fabric.  But that's not what I want, and I'm not getting something that is a compromise....I want what I want!

It occurred to me that some of you very talented ladies who do patchwork may well make and sell some of your wares, or you may know of people who do.  So does anyone know?  I like the idea of buying something handmade from a fellow blogger.

I've had a look on ebay and amazon.....plenty of bags, but again not really what I want - lots of zippered ones that look like weekend bags (too big, and I want an open topped one), or the wooden handled ones, or PVC.

We got a thermal curtain for the front door too....all our windows are double glazed, but the front (glass) door is only single glazed, so it lets the heat out and the cold in.  OH has just put it up, he's good like that :-)



5 comments:

  1. Try Pam at New Life In Wales I am sure she could help with the bag, she makes lovely bags :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What colour would you like and what size, I know a stash buster when I see one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try Pam at http://agoodlifeintydd.blogspot.co.uk/ or Dawn at http://mycraftylogcabin.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies.....Pam I'll be in touch, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by my blog today.
    I really like your blog background picture.
    Fishcake
    X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!