Wednesday, 14 October 2015

WIP's

Work in progress......I've got too many of them.  A blanket which is 3/4 finished, a poncho about a third done, shawl for my mother only a quarter done.  Last week I started on a tasselled waistcoat for myself, just 6 rows into it.  And today I've started a cushion cover. 

It's getting ridiculous, my attention span seems to be getting shorter the older I get!  It's not that I don't want to finish them all.....I do.  I just get a bit bored doing the same thing for days/weeks on end, I suppose, hence the desire to start something different. 

Well, I'm going to take myself in hand.....or rather, take a crocheted item in hand and bloody well finish it.  The cushion cover I'm determined to finish this week - should be easy enough, it's a plain one in chunky yarn, crocheted in solid DCs, a simple envelope shape with button fastening.  I'll then embellish it with a few crocheted flowers. 

Next I'll get on with the blanket, I reckon there's only about another half dozen or so rows to go, then 2 or 3 rows of edging. 

The shawl I'm not so sure about, I'm not very keen on the way it's looking (which is why I stopped it, I guess).....I might undo it and pick a different pattern. 

I like the idea of the waistcoat, it'll be the first actual clothing item I've ever made for myself - always just made blankets, throws, cushion covers, lacy tablecloth, scarves, cowls and hats before.  I'm using a cream Aran yarn I've had for a couple of years.....if it works out ok then I'll do another in some nice cotton mix yarn I've seen and like the look and feel of.  But before I buy any more yarn I will finish the poncho!  I love the purple flecked yarn I'm doing it in, I guess it's just taking me a bit longer to do than I hoped.....as it's made from the neck down, it's obviously getting bigger with more stitches each round. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one with loads of WIP's or UFO's.....am I?

17 comments:

  1. No your not the only one, I love starting things and like you I find my attention span is to blame, I have just finished a pair of socks this week and completed a few projects start to fnish, I will have to make an effort to get some more WIP's finished :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the answer is not to keep starting things before finishing current ones!

      Delete
  2. Simple answer...no. I used to be really good about finishing things but now not so much. I have a Gorjuss cross stitch picture I've been 'working' on for a while now. It is on my to-do list lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best way to solve that problem is don't start anything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I fear we all have those! I find that if it's really annoying me, I have to add them to my to do list. If I write it down, it's almost like writing a contract, then I feel i HAVE to do it. A ridiculous step to have to take, but it works for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it works for you.....don't think it would for me, I'm not terribly good at getting done everything on a to do list either.

      Delete
  5. Have I not shown you my WIP pile? What is annoying me at present is that I can't settle to finish a tiny baby cardigan, the back and one front are done but the other front and both sleeves are looking very unexciting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear Toni, what happened with the other front?

      Delete
    2. I just can't face starting it, I think I dislike the yarn that I am using.

      Delete
  6. Shhhh, let's not go there, if when I am stitching I'm not enjoying it, it never gets finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been rather a lot of times when I've given up and unravelled something because I just didn't like it....

      Delete
  7. I am the worst person to be commenting on this blog!! ( at least 6 matinee jackets on the go..... I've one bootee to make to complete a layette set but like a brat - I keep starting new stuff!!! )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SIX?!! And I thought I was bad!! lol

      Delete
  8. Come in Miss Leishy.... Nice to see you again... Yes just lie down on my leather couch and the hypnotherapy session will begin.... You are getting sleepy,sleepy zzzzzz! Now we shall sing a song....
    "One job at a time sweet Jesus!
    That's all I'm asking from you.
    Just give me the strength
    To do every day what I have to do."
    And when you wake up this will be your new personal anthem.... Wake up when I snap my fingers.... One, two, three... Right that will be $1000... What? NO! I DID NOT unbutton your shirt when you were under! How dare you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $1000??? Think I'll just put up with the unfinished objects lol. And, erm, what's this Leishy thing?

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!