Friday, 30 October 2015

It's working

The v.low carb/wheat free eating, that is.  My digestive system is feeling the benefits now, uncomfortable bloating gone, bowels back to normal (ok I know, too much information).  My joints don't ache anything like they were before.  I am, amazingly, not craving carbs anymore - made a granary loaf today, at OH's request, and I haven't touched it, not so much as a slice......normally, I'd barely give it time to cool down before I'd cut a slice and devoured it, slathered with butter.

Made a coconut prawn curry today, I did basmati rice for OH and put a dessertspoonful on my plate....didn't even eat that. 

Oh, and I've lost 8lbs.....losing weight wasn't the focus of the eating plan, my very upset stomach and aching joints were, but weight loss is a very big bonus.  I'll be carrying on with the plan at least until next weekend, it's doing me such a lot of good.

The new computer chair arrived today.....oh it's lovely, as comfy as an armchair.  In fact, it's actually MORE comfy than my old recliner armchair!

An armchair to replace said old recliner, and a wardrobe for the twin spare room are next on the list.  That'll be about it then regarding furniture.  We would like a Welsh dresser or a sideboard at some point, but that's way off in the future.

The Bond film was fab.u.lous.....I won't say anymore about it in case anyone else is about to go and see it.  The only problem was the bloke sitting next to me, who absolutely stank of fags and booze (no, not husband haha.....the bloke on the other side of me).  Still, at least he was quiet.

Thanks for your comments, I do appreciate them all. 



10 comments:

  1. Glad your way of eating is working. If when you start eating normally things start up again, then I would permanently ditch wheat. Some people just cannot tolerate it despite not being coeliac.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to be able to tolerate wheat in small amounts when I'm feeling alright.....but then after a while the cravings start, I start eating more bread etc and that's when it really begins to make me feel ill.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you are feeling better, you will find this way of eating will stay with you longer than you think, I touch almost no bread, cakes or biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually enjoying it, Marlene - I think I will be carrying on indefinitely.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you're feeling much better. I do love my carbs but notice I feel a lot less bloated without them. When I reduce them though the downside is I always feel hungry. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not felt hungry at all. And my carb craving has more or less vanished.

      Delete
  4. Good to hear that the eating plan is proving so successful.
    Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, same to you. Have you worked out all the details of your November challenge?

      Delete
  5. You've inspired me to give it another go X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to know that you are feeling better. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!