Friday, 16 October 2015

Brrr! Lovely!

It's felt decidedly chilly today.....well, in comparison to the past few weeks.  I've had the heating on low since just after lunch, to take the chill off.  Not that I really mind it being cooler - being menopausal, I have my own inbuilt central heating system and can't bear it when the weather is hot.....I feel like I'm in a sauna.  God only knows what I'd be like without HRT!  Night times are the worst, OH has the duvet pulled up to his ears almost, whilst I'm throwing it off.  And I can't bear my feet being hot in bed, keeps me awake.  Oh, the joys of getting older!  About the only thing I like about winter is the fact that it's cooler.

Nothing much done today.....one load of washing, a granary loaf made, crustless quiche made for lunch (we had it with chips and salad.....quiche made without pastry in an effort to cut the carbs, we're trying to go low carb(ish) for a couple of weeks, before winter sets in and we start eating stodge.  And yes I know chips are carbs ;-).....but I didn't have many).

This afternoon I've been valiantly pressing on with the cushion cover, which seems to be (well, is) taking far longer than I'd anticipated.  I'm just doing a plain and simple envelope shape in double crochet, for simplicity and quickness(!!) - I'll crochet a few flowers for the front.  The trouble is, I'm doing it in chunky yarn with quite a large hook, and being such a close design (as opposed to a lacy one, e.g.) it's actually quite hard going.  Why make things easy for myself?!?!!  Oh well, I'm sure it will be worth it in the end (whenever the end FINALLY comes!).  Note to self.....just do things in DK from now on, far easier to work.

Oh, and a message for YORKSHIRE PUDDING - a couple of times now in comments you've referred to me as Leishy.  Forgive me for being a bit blonde (well, I am blonde), but I don't understand this reference.....are you actually getting me confused with someone else?  Or does Leishy mean something I don't know about?

9 comments:

  1. So glad you used the quiche recipe, it a great time saver and taste good. Thank you for the kind comments regarding my stitching, all the children have flown the nest, we often see the grand sons, but I still get loads of stitching time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlene, the crustless quiche was good. I didn't actually put any flour in mine at all.

      Delete
  2. Can we please see the cushion cover when it's finished? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course.....assuming I do actually finish it!

      Delete
  3. You have inspired me to crack on and get something else finished!! Watch this ( my blog ) space!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm over from Mary Moon's blog because your comment about socks made me laugh. I have way too many lost socks. Where have they gone? No doubt with Lisa Marie and the simmer mats.

    I am Peri-menopausal and my husband and I don't even sleep in the same room anymore. Me - window wide open, only cotton blankets. My husband - non-cotton, multiple layers, window closed. Sleeping separate just works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome......but I think you have me confused with someone else, I don't think I've seen Mary Moon's blog and have certainly never commented on it.

      Delete
  5. That's two people confused by you now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!