Saturday, 5 September 2015

Knackered

I'm knackered.  There's been a lot going on the past few weeks - what with the problems with my mother, which are ongoing and long term, and a few other things.  When I'm stressed or under pressure, it's always my sleep and my guts that suffer, I have IBS and it's giving me hell at the mo.  All this week I've been awake for 2, 3 or 4 hours during the night, which is affecting everything and now I feel like a total zombie. 

We're going away for a few days and I just cannot wait, it will be so nice to get away from everything, not have to do any cooking or housework, shut off my brain and just go with the flow.

Then I can come back feeling like myself again and get on with helping OH get the last crops in, making jam and chutney, sorting out the freezers and start making lists and menu plans.  I plan to spend as little as possible in the next few weeks, we are going to be doing minimal shopping and eating out of the freezers/store cupboard.  Our Big Master Plan has gone out of the window a bit lately, we need to get back on it.  OH's retirement is getting ever nearer and we need to be fully prepared for that.

12 comments:

  1. Hope you can survive until your trip away, lack of sleep is the worst thing. We were kept awake last night by a music festival 3 miles away. Who came up with the idea of festivals on farms? Good income for the farmer not so good for everyone around

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvest Home bashes are a big thing around here, the local farmers hold them once a year every August for the Young Farmers groups, as a thank you and celebration for all their hard work getting the harvest in I guess. At our previous house, the farm 2 fields away from our garden held one every year, it went on till 05.00 am Sunday morning and sleep was out of the question for us, the music was so deafening it was like the band was actually in our garden. I didn't really mind though, after all, it was only once a year! And they deserve a treat, they do work hard. Luckily, the nearest one held here is more or less out of earshot, unless the wind is blowing in our direction.

      Delete
  2. I have only started sleeping again since we have moved to this new house, only because I'm not stressed, so I know how you feel, enjoy your break x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, stress just kills off sleep doesn't it? Good that you're no longer stressed.

      Delete
  3. I hope you able to relax enough on your break. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm sure we will relax.

      Delete
  4. So sorry to hear things continue to be difficult. You are right to try and simplify everything down, look after yourself and do your best to relax and 'regroup'. Wishing you all the best x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping that your break will heal you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate the way you lie awake worrying about not being able to sleep which makes you not able to go to sleep. It's a vicious circle. Enjoy your break and embrace it fully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nothing quite like home-made chutneys, pickles and jams. The mass produced kind are no match at all.

    By the sounds of it, your break is well-needed and can't arrive to soon. Enjoy...relax. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!