Thursday, 24 September 2015

Back to normal

Thank you very much for all the supportive comments on my miserable self-pitying post yesterday, I don't usually get so down and it's not the sort of thing people really want to read about, so I apologise for that.  Suffice it to say that I've let my feelings be known to the relevant people and am now drawing a line under it.

Today I've just got on with things.....2 loads of washing (dried in the tumbler - just wanted to get it done and dusted), all folded and put away.  Granary loaf made.  Lunch cooked (chicken breasts cubed and cooked in a bought sauce, with added shallots, mushrooms and peas, served with tagliatelle and broccoli), washing up done, 3 jars of strawberry jam made.  Now I'm sitting down with a big glass of water and once I've finished writing this, will be looking on that auction site and in local ads.

We've just bought a new (to us) sofa, it's being delivered tomorrow.  We wanted a leather, hard wearing, good quality one which will last us a lot of years, we've been saving hard for ages and finally found just what we were looking for on the auction site last week.  Lots of leather sofas seem to be too soft and squishy - we know a couple of people with ones like that and they offer no back support at all.  Since OH and I both suffer with back problems, we wanted a decent sofa with good support, the one we've bought is a Chesterfield type but with a high button back, not the usual low backed ones you see.  Now we'd like a decent leather armchair too.  We have a black leather recliner armchair, but the springs are going (we've had it probably at least 10 years), the leather is wearing out and it's generally looking a bit tatty now.  No hurry, I dare say it will last a few more months, we're happy to wait until the right thing comes along if there's nothing suitable for sale locally at the minute.  It always does sooner or later, that's how we've acquired most of our current furniture.

OH has got all the potatoes in now, they'd been drying off in the polytunnel - we've got a full sack, happy about that.  He's offered to slice and freeze a lot of our onions, which I'm also pleased about - I cry like a baby when preparing onions, so that will be a huge help.

Over the next few days I'm going to try and finish off the single bed blanket I seem to have been crocheting forever, so I can then make a start on a couple of lap throws for the winter.

Thanks for reading, I'm always slightly surprised - but very pleased - that people actually do read what I write, considering that none of it is particularly interesting!

10 comments:

  1. Gosh, you sound as busy as I have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We read and comment because we all understand where you are at as we have all been there at some point and want to support one another - wonderful, isn't it?! Glad you're feeling better today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes I'm sure I'm not the only one to feel that way sometimes.

      Delete
  3. Sorry I missed your post yesterday. It does you good sometimes to get things off your chest, don't you think? Glad you feel better today x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes letting it all out does a power of good!

      Delete
  4. It's good to see you've picked up your bundle, thrown your head up high and are once again facing life in your usual positive way. It does one good, however, to vent...let it all out and move on unburdened. :)

    You're going to love your new leather lounge, I'm sure. And don't reprimand yourselves if, for a while initially, you both become lounge lizards! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Husband tested out the new sofa thoroughly last night....he was asleep on it for quite a while!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!