Thursday, 13 August 2015

My latest project

Thank you once again for all your encouraging comments, I'm pleased to say having spoken to Mum this morning, she's sounding much brighter and less depressed.  Her urine infection is no better, but she's only been on the antibiotics 3 or 4 days and she frequently needs several courses to get rid of it completely.  On the subject of meals on wheels, I did look into it but Mum's local area are not accepting any more referrals!  Between us though, I think sister and I can make enough meals to keep her going at least until she's well enough to start doing her own meals again.  We just need to keep checking that she is actually eating every day.

I've made a start on a new crochet project:-


Can you tell what it is yet?!

Here's another view:-


It is, or will be, a poncho.  I have fond memories of a poncho my Nanna crocheted me when I was a child, I absolutely loved it.  The colours definitely wouldn't be to my taste now though....it was orange and brown (it was the late 1960s/early 1970s after all!).  I'm doing it in this lovely purple flecked Stylecraft Extra Special DK.  It's hooking up quite fast, I'm sure I'll have it finished by the time the colder weather comes! (I hope).

We've had a little rain this afternoon, although it's been gloomy and cloudy since I got up this morning.  We had no rain during the night, despite it being forecast, and certainly none of the thunderstorms that I know some areas had.  The garden certainly needs the rain, even though OH waters every day.


12 comments:

  1. I am a lover of purple, I crocheted a poncho last year with quite a bit of purple in it. It is toasty warm and I wore it loads, and will do next winter. Glad to hear that your Mum is sounding better, these things take time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purple is my favourite colour, I like the poem "When I am an old woman I shall wear purple" by Jenny Joseph....think I ought to have that as my theme tune.

      Delete
  2. Yes purple is the better colour today, but we did love our brown and oranges we wore in the 70's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, there were a lot of browns and oranges about then!

      Delete
  3. I could do with a poncho, love the colour, pleased to hear your mum is making some improvements :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn, I'm hoping to actually get it finished this time, having already started and unpicked it a couple of times (the neckline wasn't right and was annoying me).

      Delete
  4. I'm debating a poncho for the winter, it's a lovely shade of purple. I'm glad your mum is sounding perkier xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, I think a poncho will be better than a cardigan as a cover up.

      Delete
  5. I wish I still had the poncho that I knitted in 1972/3, it was lilac and turquoise, some favourite colours.

    It's good to hear that your Mum is improved, I hope it continues. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never have guessed that you like those colours, Toni.....!! xx

      Delete
  6. I was just thinking the other night about how UTI's can be so serious for the elderly. I hope it all gets cleared up soon.
    And no matter how much we may water- there is nothing like rain. It is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mum does tend to get it regularly, unfortunately. Oh, and welcome, if I haven't welcomed you before!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!