Friday, 17 July 2015

A bit of clarification

Thank you all for your comments on yesterday's post re stockpiling, I'd just like to clarify a few things. 

Firstly, I never buy dented tins or squashed packets that the shop has sealed up with a bit of tape.....there's always the risk that the contents have been contaminated. 

As for use by dates.....well, there are two things to mention here.  Everything I buy gets rotated, with newly bought things placed at the back and older things brought forward, plus everything will get used in due course, probably within months if not weeks, I doubt that any food items I buy will get to be years old.  And....well, I don't really actually take that much notice of use by dates - not on dried/tinned foods.  I mean, I do buy stuff every so often from Approved Foods, as I know lots of people do, and some of their things are already well out of date.....OH and I have reached our ripe old (well, middle-) ages without getting food poisoning or dropping down dead.  I do have all my 5 senses in (reasonably for their age) good working order, if I saw or smelt or suspected that something was off or a bit dodgy, in the bin it would go.

But thank you for your concerns, it is appreciated.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's not sure how the Followers thing works.  It's a pity there doesn't seem to be a way of being notified of new followers though....I don't always remember to check the number of followers.  If there's anybody I haven't given a welcome to by name.....please accept my apologies, it doesn't mean you're not welcome (because you certainly are), it just means your arrival has passed me by because I forgot to keep a check!

By the way, Pam, you were up early this morning!

2 comments:

  1. You can thank/blame Ben for that, I was happy to get up I now have the rest of the day for the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sooze, I'm a sort of unofficial follower I suppose, as I have you in my side bar on my own blog. Does that count? Anyway, I enjoy reading your posts!!
    Have a lovely weekend
    Sue X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!