Friday, 19 June 2015

Ta dah!

I've finally finished the crochet blanket topper for our bed.  Well, if truth be told, it's not totally finished.....still have a few ends to sew in.  I can't remember when I started it, should make a note of these things really, but it's certainly taken me a few months to do.  I've really enjoyed doing it, except for the past 2 weeks.....it's felt like I was never going to get to the end, and the bigger it got, the longer each round was taking, of course.  Plus the weather's been so warm and having a huge chunky double blanket on my lap and legs was making me so hot, I had to keep throwing it off and stopping for a cold drink and a brisk fan with a magazine.  Bit daft really to do a chunky blanket at this time of year....I have enough hot flushes as it is!

Anyway, here it is:-


I'm so pleased with it, but am very glad it's finally done.....I don't think I'll be making another for a while!

We're decorating the bedroom the week after next, mushroom colour emulsioned walls, plum colour plain curtains - they exactly match one of the colours in the blanket.  I plan on getting a couple of large pictures for the plain walls, they've got a good selection in The Range, there's a big square one of a purple flower I particularly like.

We're gradually working our way through decorating the whole house.....the smallest bedroom was done first as it was the worst room, then the dining room was quickly touched up.  We did the hall, stairs and landing late last year, that was a job and a half.  Next to do will be the twin spare bedroom, followed by the sitting room.  A proper job on the dining room will be the last thing.

13 comments:

  1. Lovely blanket, love the colours, we bought a lovely picture from the Range, so much nice stuff in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes we like The Range

      Delete
  2. Great stuff getting it finished,the colours look great together dont envy you on the decorating its one of those jobs I dislike :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No we don't like decorating either, but it's got to be done.

      Delete
  3. Your blog will help record when you start things, I often look bac on my blog for the first post, so I can work out how long things take. Love the colours in your blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely, very neat too. Still working on mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly, you'll get there in the end. I was beginning to think I'd never finish this one!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. How are you? We miss you on the forum, you know.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!