Saturday, 13 June 2015

Plodding along.....

Thank you for all your lovely comments, the holiday did us so much good, we knew we were stressed but didn't realise quite how much it had affected us both until we came home feeling utterly 'normal', for the first time in ages.  We'd forgotten what 'normal' was.

Bit of an anti-climax this week though.....we both feel fine, it's just that life is now plodding along with no dramas, aggravations, stresses, worries.  So what am I complaining about?!  Well, nothing really....I'll take plodding over aggravation any day. 

Nothing much to report really.  I sorted out all the tubs in the front garden the other day, pruning dead stuff, taking out the top couple of inches of old soil and replacing with new, then filling with bedding plants - petunias, geraniums and lobelia.  OH weeded and pruned the two corner flower beds.  All the veg and fruit is coming along really well....we've had several meals of new potatoes, the ones he grew in bags in the polytunnel.  We're pulling early carrots now, they're so yummy and full of flavour, makes you realise that supermarket bagged carrots are simply tasteless.  The first courgettes and strawberries are just about ready too.  Blackcurrants are turning colour, which reminds me, must cover the bush with fleece before the birds strip all the fruit off.  I don't mind them having a few, in fact I deliberately scatter a few on the ground when I'm picking them....I just don't want them scoffing the lot!  Must pick and freeze more rhubarb, it's taking over that corner of the garden.

The crocheted bed topper is very nearly done, just another 3 or 4 edging rows to do, I should finish it tomorrow I reckon.  Will post a pic. 

Might go to a boot sale tomorrow, providing it's not peeing down.  There's a new one just starting up, it starts around midday which is good....most of them round here start at 7 or 8 am.  That's no good for us.....OH doesn't get home from work until about 3 in the morning, which means he doesn't get up till about 10 ish.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

10 comments:

  1. I can just imagine how odd the lack of drama must feel now after the weeks of stress. I can quite imagine it must be rather disconcerting, as if you are missing something.... Still, getting back to your normal peaceful routine will be so much better for your health. I'm really glad the holiday was so relaxing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has felt quite odd to have nothing in particular going on! But we're getting used to it now....

      Delete
  2. glad you had a good hols and you've recharged your batteries, looking forward to seeing the bed topper. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I didn't finish it yesterday....I keep laying it out on the bed and thinking perhaps just another couple of rows.....

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes, I guess it has been bliss after all the stress!

      Delete
  4. Every day plodding on sounds good to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn, yes it is good isn't it.

      Delete
  5. Getting back to normal after anything is always good and you have had a stressful time. Forecast for tomorrow here doesn't sound hopeful for the car boot, hope it's better where you are

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather was actually fine here but we didn't go to the boot sale, decided we had too much to do here.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them!